Darkness Radio's Phantoms of France Tour
10 Days / 9 Nights
Day by Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Sunday September 15th
- Arrival into Paris and make your way to our hotel.( Check in after 14:00 )
- Free time to explore Paris and meet the other group members.
- In the evening meet up with the group and your tour leader for a welcome dinner at the hotel
ACCOMMDATION:Quality Hotel & Suites Bercy Bibliotheques ***
Day 2: Monday September 16th
- Today we have a full-day city tour of Paris takes you to the world-famous sites of the City of Lights. The program includes Notre Dame and the Louvre, the Champs Elysees and the Concorde as well as the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, Montmartre, the Opera Garnier and much more.
- Free time for lunch
- The tour also includes the world famous Pere Lachaise cemetary with many famous people being buried here including Frédéric Chopin, Oscar Wilde and of one of the most visited, the tomb of Jim Morrison. The oldest known buriel here dates back to 1142.
- In the evening we see Paris from the water as we enjoy a dinner cruise - Paris en Seine
ACCOMMDATION: Quality Hotel & Suites Bercy Bibliotheques ***
Day 3: Tuesday September 17th
ROUTING: PARIS - SAINT QUENTIN
- First off today we are off to see the catacombs of Paris. There are more than 200 km of tunnels which all interlink, despite numerous collapses and manmade blockades. The catacombs contains thousands of skeletons and bones from past Parisians and is a highlight of the city for many.
- Stop for lunch near the Park de la Villette in Paris before heading north towards the town of Saint Quentin for a visit to the Bleeding House.
- The bleeding House - A family moves in to an ordinary house, then they start to hear pans clanging and groaning coming from the first floor, but think at first it could be the neighbors. But when the walls start to bleed, it starts to raise a lot more questions. Thinking first about paint, they ask for an analysis of the liquid. Confirmed result, it is human blood running down their walls. To rule out the hypothesis of a bad joke, the family and the investigators leave the house after putting flour everywhere on the floor.
- When they come back blood is everywhere. It doesn’t stop flowing anymore. Finally, the decision is taken the house will be destroyed. Under it, they discover the the graves of about fifty German soldiers from the First World War. Since being rebuilt, the original house was never spoken about again. This story reminds us of the infamous house of “The Amityville Horror”.
- We’ll stop on the way in the forest of Compiegne to see where Germany capitulated at the end of WWI, which is also where Hitler had France capitulate at the beginning of WWII.
- Free time for dinner and overnight in Saint Quentin
ACCOMMODATION: Grand Hotel ***
Day 4: Wednesday September 18th
ROUTING: SAINT QUENTIN - REIMS - CRAMANT - EPERNAY
- Travel through the Champagne region, stop in Reims to visit its cathedral and historical center.
- Reims Cathedral is recognised worldwide as one of the defining models of Gothic art. The monument was classed by UNESCO as a world heritage site in 1991. The cathedral played a central role played in the history of France for 800 years. Reims Cathedral is where the kings of France were crowned. The cathedral hosted thirty-three sovereign coronations in over 1000 years!
- We will have a tour & tasting at one of major Champagne House in Reims
- Free time for lunch in Reims.
- We are then off to the small town of Cramant to see the Ghost House.
- The house is seemingly pretty normal, but has been left abandoned for a long time. A couple moved in to the house in 1967. Soon after, they started hearing footsteps on the second floor and muffled screams. Noises as a wooded leg on the stairs resonated every night. The ghost started to attack them and violently knock them out against the walls. After a hospitalization, the couple left the house forever. People say that the house was haunted by a British sailor whom, at the beginning of the 20th century, was assassinated and thrown in the well.
- Leave for Epernay to see the Champs Elysee of Champagne for overnight & dinner.
ACCOMMODATION: Hotel De Chapagne Epernay***
Day 5: Thursday September 19th
ROUTING: - EPERNAY - BOIS CHENU - DIJON
- We first travel to the Basilica of Bois-Chenu. The church is a national monument expressing the country's gratitude to Joan of Arc. The building's foundation was laid in the immediate vicinity of the spot where Joan is said to have heard voices.
- Free time for lunch
- Then on to Dijon for dinner and overnight
- ACCOMMODATION: Novotel Route des Grands Crus, Marsannay***
Day 6: Friday September 20th
ROUTING: - DIJON - VEAUCE - MONTLUCON
- Today we depart to Vichy
- Lunch break
- Afternoon visit of Chateau de Veauce, a haunted castle. - An18 year old servant, Lucie, was being courted by the master of château de Veauce, much to the displeasure of his wife, Jacqueline de La Fayette. When this lord went off to war, the Baroness took her revenge by having Lucie thrown into prison where she died of starvation and cold.
- Then depart and overnight in Montlucon.
- Free time for dinner
ACCOMMODATION: Comfort Hotel Montlucon***
Day 7: Saturday September 21st
ROUTING: MONTLUCON - ORADOUR SUR GLANE - FOUGERET - POITIERS
- Travel to the martyred town of Oradour-Sur-Glane which was completely burned down by Germans during their retreat towards the end of WWII.
- Free time for lunch
- Tonight we have a special evening planned at the most haunted castle of France, Chateau de Fougeret
- Built in the 15th century it is strategically located, it was an essential defensive function of the 100 years war. Several reports of ghosts and paranormal activity is reported here by numerous people and tv programs.
- The usher’s room, The knight’s room, Alice’s room and The nurse’s room are some of the places high in activity at this active location
- The evening ends at midnight. Drive about 1 hour to our hotel.
ACCOMMODATION: Quality Hotel Alisée Poitiers Nord***
Day 8: Suday September 22nd
ROUTING: POITIERS - CHAMBORD - ORLEANS
- 1100 departure today
- Drive to Amboise for lunch on your own.
- Afternoon visit of the largest castle of the Loire Valley, the Chateau de Chambord.
- Continue to Orleans and dinner
ACCOMMDATION: Comfort Hotel Orléans Sud***
Day 9: Monday September 23rd
ROUTING: ORLEANS - VERSAILLES - PARIS
- Depart on the way back to Paris
- We have a full day visit of the Palace of Versailles, including the Little Trianon and its gardens, considered a haunted place as well. Continue towards Paris.
- Check in at the hotel
- After dinner we have a Ghost Walk (1,5 hours)
ACCOMMODATION: Quality Hotel & Suites Bercy Bibliotheques ***
Day 10: Tuesday September 24th
- Check out of the hotel
End of tour services
Prices, Dates & What's Included:
2 People (Double Occupancy)
2595 Euro Per Person
1 Person ( Single Occpancy )
3125 Euro Per Person
- 9 nights at 3-star hotels including breakfast and city hotel taxes
- Tour Manager for the duration of the tour
- 7 dinners including one Dinner on the Seine River and one dinner at the Chateau de Fougeret.
- 2 lunches
- Admission to Catacombs of Paris, Champagne Tasting & Tour, Basilica Bois-Chenu, Chateau de Veauce, Oradour Sur Glane, Château de Fougeret, Château de Chambord, Château de Versailles with Trianon & Gardens
- Headset for the duration of the tour
What is not included:
- Drinks during meals( except during the dinner-cruise)
- Travel Insurance
- Flights to and from Paris
- Personal expenses
Email this Page to a Friend