Email this Page to a Friend
We have prepared this tour for you to give you a short glance of Romania and Bulgaria. With the options of starting in either Bucharest or Sofia. This tour is perfect for those who would like to experience the best of both countries in a short time with a private guide.
For the Romania Tour portion this is based on our short break tour to Sinaia and Bran Castle. In this short time you will have the opportunity to tour Transylvania's top 3 tourist sights; Bran Castle aka Dracula Castle, Sinaia's Peles Palace, and the medieval town of Brasov.
Then onto Bulgaria to see its ancient capital of Veliko Turnovo. Tour the picturesque medieval fortress on this personal guided tour. Also a tour of the fortified village of Arbanassi. After going to Sofia to end this journey.
See the "Day by Day Itinerary" for more details...
A Short Glance at Romania and Bulgaria Tour
Day by Day Itinerary:
ROUTING: BUCHAREST - SINAIA - BRASOV
- Morning departure from Bucharest (if you require any extra nights in Bucharest inquire for details)
- Depart the city enroute to Sinaia.
- Visit the Peles Castle, former summer residence of the kings of Romania, the Peles Castle is 44 kilometres far from Brasov, in Sinaia, a well-known mountain resort as well. Nowadays the Castle is one of the most important museums in Transylvania where one can admire furniture and ornamental objects, carpets, tapestry, sculptures, paintings, collections of weapons from the 15th up to the19th centuries. Than stop at Sinaia Monastery which was founded by Prince Mihai Cantacuzino in 1695 and named after the great Sinai Monastery on Mount Sinai. As of 2005 it is inhabited by 13 Christian Orthodox monks lead by hegumen Macarie Bogus. It belongs to the archdiocese of Bucharest.
- End the day in Brasov with a visit of the medieval center of Brasov, The main sites are: Concil Square, Black Chuch, White and Black Towers, Weaver's Bastion and Ecaterina's Gate, St Nichola's Church, The Rope's street, and more
- Overnight in Brasov
Options A & B: Casa Wagner ***, or similar
ROUTING: BRASOV - RASNOV - BRAN - BUCHAREST
- Today we'll visit two of the most fortified castles from south Transylvania. First one is Rasnov Fortress. Built in 1331, the Fortress had a defense role and it was a shelter for the inhabitants of Rasnov in case of enemy attacks.
- In the middle of the courtyard there is a well 146 metres deep and the ruins of an 11th - 12th century - Orthodox church were discovered here. Nowadays the Fortress houses an interesting museum
- Continuing the journey to Bran with it's famous Bran castle. Also called Dracula's Castle, it is situated not far from Brasov (25 kilometres) at the entrance in the Bran - Rucar passage. The castle got its fame from Dracula`s legend written in 1897 by Bram Stoker and later on made into a film by Francis Ford Coppola.. The first documents about the Bran Castle appeared in 1377. Along the history, the Castle had a strategic mission being the border between Transylvania and Wallachia. First it was under the rule of the King of Hungary Sigismund of Luxemburg, than under the Romanian voievodes Mircea cel Batran and Vlad Tepes and later on it came under the jurisdiction of the City of Brasov. In 1912 it was donated by the municipality of Brasov to the Romanian royal family, in order to became their residence.
After the Bran Castle visit you can spend some time for souvenirs shopping
- Return to Bucharest in the evening
- Overnight in Bucharest
Option A: Berthelot Hotel ****
Option B: Venezia Hotel***
ROUTING: BUCHAREST - GIURGIU (BULGARIAN BORDER) - VELIKO TURNOVO
- In the morning panoramic tour of Bucharest with the most important sites: Parliament Palace, Royal Palace, Revolution Square, Athenaeum and Triumph Arch
- Late morning transfer to Bulgarian Border where you will meet the Bulgarian guide. Estimate arriving hour 13.00
- Pick up at Giurgiu – Romanian side of the border
- Cross the border to Bulgaria
- Transfer to Veliko Turnovo
- Check-in hotel
Option A: Bolyarski hotel****
Option B: Alegro Hotel***
ROUTING: VELIKO TURNOVO - SOFIA
- After breakfast – sightseeing of Veliko Turnovo - the ancient capital of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom (12th -14th C.), picturesquely situated on the hills at the banks of the meandering river Jantra. Visit of the medieval fortress of Tsarevets hill and of Samovodska charshiya - handy craft street.
- Sightseeing of Arbanassi – 17th C. fortified village with entrance to Konstanzaliev’s house (17th C.) and Jesus Christ’s Nativity Church which interior is covered in frescos depicting 2000 scenes.
- After drive to Sofia
Option A: Princess Hotel****
Option B: Arte Hotel***
- If time permits sightseeing in Sofia - St. Sofia statue, St. George Rotunda, Ruins of Serdica, National Theatre, Russian church, Al. Nevski Cathedral and St. Sofia church.
- Transfer to the airport and the final good-bye
End of tour services
Prices, Dates & What's Included:
Prices available upon request...
The Tour Includes:
- 4 nights accommodation as described on the itinerary (or similar)
- English-Speaking Specialist driver/guide for the duration of the tour in Romania (2 1/2 days)
- English-Speaking Specialist guide and Private Driver for the duration of the tour in Bulgaria (2 1/2 days)
- Local Taxes
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks
- Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc..
For more details please fill out the Inquire/Book It form which you can access from the button below, and one of our agents will answer you as soon as possible.